- 1 lb shrimp (substitute protein of choice)
- 8 oz pasta cooked, drained reserve ¾ c pasta water
- 8 oz feta cheese, block
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- ½ c extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- Handful each fresh Italian parsley and basil
Italian blend seasoning
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 ½ tsp minced onion
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 ½ crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp celery seed
- Mix dry ingredients to make Italian blend. Set aside in an airtight container to store.
- Cook pasta, drain and set aside reserving ½ c pasta water.
- Peel and butterfly shrimp leaving tails on. Place shrimp on skewers (optional) coat with a light drizzle of olive oil and season with Italian blend.
- In a small roasting pan (or make a roasting boat using tinfoil to fit in the Blackstone airfryer drawer) place tomatoes and toss with a drizzle of olive oil and season with Italian blend. Add the block of feta in the center of tomatoes and add remaining oil and season the top of the cheese.
- Place tomatoes and cheese in a preheated air fryer drawer set to high heat. Let cook for ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook shrimp on medium high heat 2-3 minutes per side.
- Check tomatoes and cheese. Tomatoes should burst or split open and cheese will heat through. Time may vary and may need up to ten more minutes of cooking time checking every 5 minutes.
- Remove tomatoes and cheese, add fresh chopped garlic and mix cheese and tomatoes to combine and create your pasta sauce. Pour sauce over cooked pasta and slowly add pasta water using as much or little as needed.
- Add fresh parsley and basil. Serving shrimp alongside.