- Stonefire thin artisan pizza crust, 2 pack
- ½ lb provolone, Boar’s head
- Fresh mozzarella, ball, log or pearls
- Fresh Basil
Meat of choice:
- Boars Head sopressata, pepperoni cups, salami, Italian sausage
- 1 can San Marzano tomatoes (San Marzano tomato of Agro Sarnese-Nocerino D.O.P. Preferred) or substitute good quality crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed & chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 4 basil leaves, torn
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 large cloves fresh garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- In a mixing bowl add tomatoes and spoon off a few spoonfuls of extra liquid. Using your hands, crush tomatoes slightly. Mix in oil, torn basil, oregano, garlic and salt to taste. Sauce is ready for use. Since pizza is being griddled sauce can be heated in a small pot directly on the Blackstone griddle for even cooking a few minutes before starting pizza. Heating the sauce will also help cheeses to melt since this is a griddle top pizza and not a pizza oven cooked pizza.
- On medium low heat add pizza crust upside down to heat and slightly crisp top of pizza crust. Depending on how well done or soft you like your crust. Flip and turn heat to low to begin to cook and crisp up the bottom giving you time to add ingredients.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp garlic oil and spread around pizza. Add provolone cheese evenly around pizza.
- Add pizza sauce, using a spoon to spread out sauce.
- Add fresh mozzarella spread out around pizza. Raise the griddle heat to medium and cook until desired crispness checking the bottom occasionally. Mozzarella should melt quickly once placed on top of the heated pizza sauce however a dome may be used if needed.
- Remove pizza and garnish with fresh basil. Drizzle with garlic oil, optional.