- 1 pkg. active dry yeast 2 1/4 tsp
- 3 c all purpose flour
- 1.5 c warm water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coarse salt to top, or use everything bagel seasoning
- 4 tbsp Butter melted
- 4 c water boiling
- 1/3 c Baking Soda
- Start by combining the water and yeast in a small bowl, allowing the yeast to dissolve. Add brown sugar and salt, whisk until well combined.
- In a bowl slowly add flour to yeast mixture 1 cup at a time. Use a stand mixer preferably with a dough hook for this. Add more flour, 1/4 c at a time until dough is no longer sticky.
- Once this is achieved allow dough to sit in the bowl for 10 minutes.
- Lightly flour a cutting board and cut dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into “snakes” and slice each one into “bites”. Make sure all pieces are the same size.
- In a pot bring your 4 c water and baking soda to a boil. Then put 10 pieces at a time into the water and remove after 20 seconds with a slotted spoon.
- Put these pieces on a lined baking sheet with parchment paper on top. Once they’re all done put in bowl with melted butter and coarse sea salt.
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Spray air fryer basket with non stick cooking spray and place some in with space in between so they can rise.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until they’re as brown as you’d like. Take out and brush melted butter on the top before serving.
Herb Cheese Sauce
- Cup of grated cheddar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon rosemary minced
- 1 Teaspoon minced basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Flour to desired thickness
- 1 tbsp melted butter
Melt cheese with butter while whisking. Then put the cheese mixture into a pan with all other ingredients. Heat and stir until all mixed together.